Wednesday 19 January 2011

A Rainy Day Musing

I found the following last night while flicking through my story idea notepad. I wrote it in the summer of 2010 while my beloved dog Lucy was still with us, so that is the dog referred to, not Ruby Random, our new pooch.

What is it about rain that can make you both happy and sad at the same time? Take yesterday for example... There I was, ironing quietly thinking it was about time the dog had a walk when out of nowhere the rain thundered, and I mean thundered, against the windowpane. I rushed to look. There was so much water pouring down the glass I could only see blurred colours outside. The child I had once been danced with joy and wanted to grab wellies and a brolly and splash around. My grown-up self simply groaned with dismay at the thought of getting drenched and told the dog she had no chance. The dog just went back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment