Thursday 2 July 2009

Update

So, what's new? Well, not much really.... we're having a lovely heatwave; I say lovely but in reality I feel as if I'm melting - goodness knows how the furries are feeling, so the rats have damp tea towels and a bowl of shallow water to paddle in and the dog has a wet towel in the yard....

Last week the family were sitting around the dinner table when the adults started amusing the littlees by reminiscing about toilet humour songs we sang as kids - remember these gems???

Auntie Mary had a canary, up the leg of her drawers,
When she farted (pumped), down it darted (jumped),
Down the leg of her drawers!
(The bracketed words are the ones my mother taught me...)

Charlie had a pigeon, a pigeon, a pigeon,
Charlie had a pigeon, a pigeon he had.
It flew in the morning, it flew in the night,
And when it came back it was covered in....
Charlie had a pigeon, a pigeon, a pigeon....... and so on and so forth!

This one, you make your own rhyming verse up - the chorus remains the same:
I was walking with my Mum,
When it oozed right out my bum...

Diarrhoea, Diarrhoea!

I was feeling a bad pain,
When my butt began to rain...

Diarrhoea, Diarrhoea!

I knew I was in trouble,
When my bum began to bubble...

Diarrhoea, Diarrhoea!

You get the gist....

Anyway, we're giggling like a kid that's secretly looking at the underwear page of his/her mother's catalogue when Jade, the 4 year old, comes out with (to the tune of Abba's Mamma Mia) "Diarrhoea...Here I go again" !!!!!!!!!!!!!! roflamo!!! She's a funny girl, there's no doubt about it.


On another note, I actually did something on my 'to do' list.... the family are now learning spanish!!! It's really good fun :o)

Until next time,

Adios xx

2 comments:

  1. I love this stuff. Your kids will be the life of the party when school starts back up in the fall. I do need to learn the tunes to these, however. Is your CD out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, no cd as yet... perhaps I'll be brave one day and record it all...

    ReplyDelete